- Minako Harada
- Stephanie Hicks
- Momoko McKechnie
- Yuji Ohara
- Nanae Walker
Spring, Summer and Fall
We will offer these group classes three times a year in Spring, Summer and Fall if we have a minimum of 3 students that sign up. We also offer one on one tutoring for $45 (60 minutes).
- Japanese 0: This is an introduction to Japanese writing systems, including Hiragana ひらがな and Katakana カタカナ.
- Japanese 1 & Japanese 2: Japanese 1 covers the first half of the textbook. Japanese 2 covers the second half of the textbook. Our textbook Genki 1 textbook (2nd edition). Students will need to purchase the Genki 1 2nd edition workbook to do homework assignments. Textbooks are provided in class, but students are encouraged to purchase their own for home reference.
- Japanese Conversation 1: Further develop your vocabulary and confident of speaking Japanese! This class is for those who can understand common topics or subjects catered to learners but have difficulty responding timely. This class has 2 teachers, one native speaker + one learner, in order to control the pace of the class and facilitate a great learning environment.
- Japanese Conversation 2: Continue your journey to fluency, with topics and situations aimed to help elevate your vocabulary. This class is for those who can speak comfortably in Japanese.
Spring 2024 enrollment options
- Japanese 0: Saturday 12-1pm
- Japanese 1: Saturday 1-2pm
- Japanese Conversation 1: Wednesday 6-7pm
- Japanese Conversation 2: Dates to be determined.
Fall 2023 enrollment option
- NEW! Japanese 0: Saturday 1-2pm 9/16, 9/30 (1-1/2 hours), 10/14 (1-1/2 hours), 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16
- FULL! Japanese 2: Wednesday 7-8pm 8/23, 8/30, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/29