Meet the Team - Chinese Teachers
- Connor Baker is from Decatur, Alabama. He graduated from University of Mississippi minoring in Chinese. He teaches elementary class.
- Susanne Cox teaches beginner Chinese this summer.
- Sandra Wang-Harris was born in California and grew up in Taiwan. Sandra and her husband Kevin have lived in Huntsville off and on for the last 17 years. Most recently they (and their 2 adopted Chinese daughters) just moved back from Gambia, West Africa. She is a licensed optometrist and currently home schools her children. She will teach Mommy 'n' Me.
- Gen-Hwa Hsu is from Taiwan. She teaches elementary class.
- Rachel Hutchens is from Hartselle, Alabama. She graduated from National Taiwan Normal University with a degree in Teaching Chinese as a second language. She teaches elementary class.
- Yafei Jiang is from Sandong, China. She is passionate about teaching, and is studying to become a high school math teacher.
- Yanxia Li is from Hubei, China. She has 2 elementary age children. She teaches Mommy 'N' Me and elementary class.
- Xue Fang Li is our PE teacher. She was an athlete in China competing in basketball and pingpong.
- Chanda Shaw teaches Art this summer.
Meet the Team - Chinese student tutors
- Cathy Bukenya is in 8th grade.
- Scott Corbin, his wife Sarah and their 3 children all take Chinese.
- Haley Rice is a high school student.
- Ethan Vallely is a high school student going to Calhoun College.
Taichi teacher - Steffan de Graffenried
Meet the Team - Spanish teachers
- Maria Fromhold is from Venezuela. She worked as an attorney before she immigrated to the U.S.
- Luisa Perdomo is from Venezuela. She also worked as an attorney before she immigrated to the U.S.
- Ethan Vallely teaches introductory Spanish. He is a dual enrolled senior in high school and he has successfully completed first and second year collegiate Spanish. He has been speaking Spanish for five years and is currently studying Chinese at Yuwenbon, where he is also a tutor. His plans include attending UAB and double majoring in molecular biology and linguistics with plans to attend medical school. Ethan’s teaching philosophy is to learn actively, and, in the words of Mrs. Frizzle “Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!”
Math teacher - Helen Wong
Meet the Team - Japanese teachers
- Tamami Seay
- Akiko Campsey is from Okinawa, Japan. She and her husband have 3 sons. They have lived in Huntsville for 2 years.